If you struggle to get rid of those extra kilos to achieve a well-toned physique, you need to tweak your lifestyle and diet a little. With so much misinformation on overnight weight loss solutions, it becomes difficult to choose the right method to shed weight naturally. Are you clueless about what to do precisely for achieving natural weight loss without impacting your health negatively? Don’t worry, losing weight is not rocket science! Read on to know more.
Top 10 Easy Tips To Lose Weight Naturally:
Fad diets, home remedies, strenuous exercise regimens, prolonged fasting and weight loss pills may not work for everyone and even prove dangerous by causing nutritional deficiencies. Focus on creating a calorie deficit and be mindful of your nutrient intake while planning your meals to become fat to fit. Here are some simple tips to get started on your weight loss journey –
- Avoid consuming empty calories – Choose simple meal plans which limit your calorie consumption every day. Add whole foods in your daily diet to improve your metabolic rate. Avoid ingesting high-calorie drinks that lead to weight gain such as sodas, juices and alcohol with zero or no nutritional value. Switch to fat-free versions of dairy products and salad dressings to cut-down calories effortlessly. Avoid eating processed, oily, and fried food or dining out to curb binge eating.
- Up your protein intake – Switching to a high-protein diet helps boost your metabolism while keeping you satiated for long durations. Even something as simple as eating a high-protein breakfast can help you take fewer calories throughout the day and reduce your cravings. You can snack on nuts or sugarless high protein energy bars in between your meals to manage your hunger pangs healthily.
- Watch your carbohydrate consumption – One of the quickest ways to lose weight is to cut back on your consumption of refined carbs or starches. Cut down on rice, potatoes and sugar intake. Instead, replace them with complex carbs or whole grains and add high fibre and low-calorie superfoods to your meals. Having a low-carb diet plan also helps to reduce appetite and maintain a healthy weight. So monitor your intake of chocolates, cookies and desserts. Instead, eat more fruits and vegetables. Drink tea or coffee without sugar to boost your metabolism and feel full for long.
- Try intermittent fasting – Intermittent fasting involves an eating pattern where you fast and eat in specific cycles. The popular ones are the 5:2 diet and the 16:8 method of fasting. These methods will help you consume fewer calories than before and promote natural weight loss.
- Stay hydrated – Hydration is a vital factor in healthy and effective weight management. Drinking water before meals may help in reducing calorie intake by limiting the quantity of food you eat. Staying hydrated throughout the day helps in improving your digestion and boosting metabolism. Also, consuming foods with high-water content will help you stay full.
- Snack on mineral-rich foods – Foods rich in minerals such as potassium, calcium and magnesium help reduce bloating, health risks and control blood sugar levels. Munch on green salads and seasonal fruits to boost your immunity and delight your taste buds.
- Hit the gym five times a week – Exercise is the surest way to achieve weight loss and burn those calories. Add at least a 30-minute workout to your daily routine. Start with simple exercises such as squats and lunges or do a few push-ups. Include both cardiovascular and strength training exercises in your regular exercise program. While cardio will help burn calories quickly, strength training will help build lean muscle mass. Doing strength training just three to four times a week can lead to effective weight loss and improve your posture, mobility and agility.
- Trim your food portions – Skipping a meal is never a wise choice if you aim to lose weight. On the contrary, it will make you binge later in the day. Instead, trim food portions into halves so instead of three large meals eat six smaller meals to promote your metabolic rate and knock off those extra kilos.
- Be on your toes – Skip the elevator and run or cycle to complete your errands are some simple steps that can go a long way in getting you fit. Ditch the couch and TV remote instead dance or play with your kids outdoors to add a dash of fun and family bonding time to your weight loss program! Keep a count of your daily steps and keep increasing your activity levels. Use a fitness band to keep yourself motivated. Set a healthy example for your kids to emulate.
- Seek expert help – If sticking to a strict diet and workout regimen is a constant struggle and weight regain is inevitable; it is time to seek expert help. You should also consult experienced nutritionists if you hit a plateau while trying to lose weight, especially if you have hormonal or lifestyle diseases. At Oliva Clinic, you can enrol for a long-term weight management program to give your lifestyle a complete makeover. You can enjoy their customised solutions to enjoy long-term satisfaction and add health to your life!
Now, you know all the simple methods to get fit, go right ahead and kick-start your lifestyle revolution today! Do not forget to spread the buzz!