Prediabetes is the condition when blood sugar levels rise, but not increase. Although this level of sugar can cause a number of unwanted symptoms in the affected body. Prediabetes occurs when your blood glucose level is higher than it should be, but that does not mean you have diabetes. Prediabetes is a pre-diagnosis of diabetes. Diabetes occurs when your body has high levels of blood sugar and insulin levels. So, here in this article see Prediabetes meaning, symptoms and way to diagnose.
Table of Contents
- 1. What Is Prediabetes Meaning?
- 2. Symptoms Of Prediabetes
- 3. Criteria For Prediabetes
- 4. Why Is Prediabetes Dangerous?
- 5. Causes Of Prediabetes
- 6. Diet To Prevent Prediabetes
What Is Prediabetes Meaning?
The risks of diabetes are known, but it is important to know about prediabetes because people who are very close to the disease have a chance to avoid it. Prediabetes is a condition when the blood sugar level is close to the danger mark. Doctors say that if prediabetes is detected and treated in time in a patient, then diabetes and its fatal dangers can be avoided. Prediabetes is also known as borderline diabetes. According to the IDF Diabetes Atlas, India has 7.29 crore people with diabetes. 8 crore people are in the prediabetes stage and sadly only 10 percent are aware of their condition.
Borderline diabetes is a condition that causes the risk of type 2 diabetes. According to the American Diabetes Association, 10 to 23 percent of people with prediabetes succumb to type 2 diabetes within 5 years.
Symptoms Of Prediabetes:
A person has many problems in prediabetes. Prediabetes is considered to be a symptom or cause before diabetes. In prediabetes, the patient should take care of himself and keep getting regular checkups. Prediabetes patients are also at increased risk of developing heart disease along with diabetes.
If you feel tired after working all day, then there is no problem, but when you feel tired during work or throughout the day, these can be symptoms of prediabetes. This may be due to sugar.
The sugar may be in your bloodstream, but not going into the cells where it should go and replenish energy properly in the body. Stay lazy all day, you feel tired only after working less or if you feel tired even after sleeping all night, then get your sugar test done.
Excessive Hair Fall:
Along with factors like stress, prescription drugs, and genetics, the hair also falls for many other reasons. Insulin resistance is one of them. Insulin resistance is a sign of prediabetes and type 2 diabetes. If your hair is falling excessively, then you need to get your blood sugar level checked. Blood sugar levels rise due to insulin resistance, which means that sugar is not transferring properly to the cells.
Itchy Or Red Rashes On The Skin:
According to studies, any patches, rashes on red, brown or yellow skin, called necrobiosis lipidic, may be symptoms of prediabetes. When there are more dark patches or velvety patches on the skin, it indicates that there is too much insulin in your blood. In such a situation, please contact the doctor.
When the blood sugar level increases in the body, frequent urination start. Sugar gathered in the body starts coming out of the body through urine. Especially, when you drink more water, you have to go for frequent urination. You ignore this because you think that this is happening by drinking more water. But you have to keep an eye on your heat because when you urinate frequently, your body loses more water than you drink. Keep an eye on color, smell and your urinary cycle. If you feel it is unnatural, see a doctor immediately.
People who have prediabetes may also have skin problems. In this type of problem, dark and dark spots are formed on the skin in different parts of the body.
Criteria For Prediabetes:
Fasting blood sugar level: 100–125 mg / dL.
Glucose tolerance level: 140–199 mg / dL
A1C: 5.0-6.4 %
Why Is Prediabetes Dangerous?
It is reported to be diabetes in the future. Prediabetic people are equally at risk of developing diabetes side effects.
Causes Of Prediabetes:
Prediabetes is called blood sugar which precedes type-2 diabetes. But its symptoms are not seen in prediabetes patients. This type of diabetes means that the person has diabetes, but the level of blood sugar in his blood is not so high that it can be detected during the test. So, let’s see the causes of Prediabetes meaning
- Obesity, especially abdominal obesity
- High blood pressure
- High blood fat or triglycerides
- Not exercising enough
- Having a family history of type 2 diabetes
- Increased stress level
- Smoking or drinking too much alcohol
- Regularly consuming high-sugar drinks
Diet To Prevent Prediabetes:
- If you smoke, stop it completely. Smoking cigarettes increases the sugar level of a person suddenly and if a diabetes patient smokes, then there is an immediate jump in their sugar level which causes great harm to that patient.
- Weight must be controlled. If you reduce your weight by five to 10 percent, it can have a very positive effect on your health.
- Your food should be healthy. The presence of excess sodium in the body causes the accumulation of water, which increases the volume of blood, due to which blood pressure increases. Reduce the amount of sodium in food, people usually eat 10 grams of salt in a day. It should be reduced to 3 grams. Avoid salty things like namkeen, pickles, papad altogether.
- If you have high cholesterol or high blood pressure, then keep it under control.
Increase the potassium content in food. Do not use canned materials. Also, reduce the amount of saturated fat. Apart from this, balance the amount of calcium and magnesium in the food. Increase intake of fiber-rich items like fruit peels, greens/bran flour, etc.
- Exercise is also very important to beat prediabetes, you must make a rule of exercising for at least 30 minutes five days a week, you can start with 10 or 15 minutes. Extremely fast 30 minutes walking is the best exercise. Or incorporate yoga/meditation/pranayama into your regular routine. But before doing so, consult your doctor.
- Blood Type Diet | O Positive Blood Type Diet
- Foods To Include In Low Blood Pressure Diet
- Foods To Eat After Workout | Post Workout Foods
- What Are The Difference Between Curd And Yogurt?
- How To Follow Mediterranean Diet For Better Health?
- Foods To Avoid With Acid Reflux | Worst Foods For Acid Reflux