The Mediterranean diet is a type of diet which helps to lose weight fast as well as helps to cure many health issues. This diet is especially inspired by Greece and Italian food habits. Mediterranean foods are enriched with cheese, olive oil and lots of vegetables. So, here I am giving some easy Mediterranean diet recipes. See these recipes below…
- 1 Easy Mediterranean Diet Recipes:
- 1.1 Greek Avocado Salad:
- 1.2 Whole Wheat Greek Pasta Salad:
- 1.3 Greek Lemon Chicken Soup:
- 1.4 Spiced Chickpeas:
- 1.5 Greek Style Lemon Roasted Potatoes:
- 1.6 Share this:
Easy Mediterranean Diet Recipes:
The Mediterranean diet mainly consists of lots of vegetables, cheese, and olive oil which considered very healthy. So, here see the easy Mediterranean diet recipes. The recipe I am giving here is very much healthy. You can customize the recipe according to your taste.
Greek Avocado Salad:
This is one of the easy Mediterranean diet recipes. This food dish is also very much tasty. This greek salad is very much helpful to lose weight and very much easy to make. So, see the recipe below…
- 2 Cucumbers (peeled and Chopped)
- 2 pieces of small tomatoes (Chopped)
- 1/2 red onion (Thinly sliced)
- 2 avocados (Chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 cup feta cheese (Chunked)
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon oregano
- 2 Teaspoons sugar
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Teaspoon black pepper powder
- In a bowl take the cucumber, tomato, onion and, avocado, parsley and mix well.
- Now in a small bowl take olive oil and mix oregano and garlic
- Then add the mixture to the salad mix and mix well.
- Now season sugar, salt, and black pepper into the salad.
- Now top feta cheese to the salad.
- Your avocado greek salad is ready.
Whole Wheat Greek Pasta Salad:
Greek Pasta Salad is a great pasta salad which helps to lose weight. This is a very healthy good item which is easy to make. This is one of the easy Mediterranean diet recipes. So, see the recipe below…
- 1 cup whole wheat penne pasta (Boiled)
- 2 medium tomatoes (Chopped)
- 1/3 cup roasted red bell pepper (Chopped)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (Minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- A pinch of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1/2 cup basil
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- In a small bowl add olive oil, oregano, sugar, salt, and black pepper powder and Mix well.
- Now in a bowl add tomatoes and bell pepper and add the mixture in it. Combine all ingredients well.
- Now add the pasta in this and mix well.
- Add more salt and black pepper to enhance the taste.
- At last, add feta cheese in it as a topping.
Recommended Articles :-
- Apple Cider Vinegar Diet | Its Benefits On Health
- Mediterranean Food | Foods To Include In Mediterranean Diet
- Best Fruits Good For Skin Whitening & Brightening Naturally
- Fruits For Glowing Skin | Fruits To Add In Diet For…
- Veeramachaneni Ramakrishna Diet Plan | Foods To Avoid & Eat
- Protein Rich Indian Food For Bodybuilding
Greek Lemon Chicken Soup:
One of the great and easy Mediterranean diet recipes is Greek lemon chicken soup. This special soup is very much delicious and liked by many people. So, see the recipes below…
- 3 Cups Chicken (Shredded)
- 3 Large Eggs
- ½ Cup Onion (Chopped)
- ¾ Cup Carrot (Cubed)
- 3 Cups Baby Spinach (Chopped)
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic (Minced)
- ¾ Teaspoon Red Pepper (Crushed)
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- ¼ Cup Lemon Juice
- 6 cups Chicken Stock
- ½ cup uncooked whole-wheat orzo
- 1 ¼ Teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ Teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high and add carrot and onion. Cook until vegetables are softened
- Then add garlic and crushed red pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Now add chicken stock to the oven and increase heat to high that the stock can boil.
- Then Add orzo, and cook, uncovered for about 6 minutes.
- Now whisk eggs and lemon juice together in a medium bowl until frothy.
- Once orzo has cooked carefully remove 1 cup boiling stock.
- Gradually add hot stock to egg–lemon juice mixture, whisking constantly to temper the eggs, about 1 minute.
- Pour the egg mixture back into the pan, and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to medium-low stir in chicken, spinach, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until spinach wilts, about 1 minute.
- Serve the soup evenly sprinkle with dill.
Spiced Chickpeas is a very popular snack among all. This dish is also easy to make also. So, let’s see the recipe below…
- ½ Teaspoon Cardamom
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 ½ Teaspoon allspice
- ½ Teaspoon red pepper flakes to taste
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 cups of cooked chickpeas
- 2-3 Tablespoon olive oil
- At first, combine all spices with salt.
- Then toss chickpeas in the spice mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Now, Add chickpeas at fry lightly.
- The remove from heat and serve warm or at room temperature.
Greek Style Lemon Roasted Potatoes:
Greek style lemon roasted potato is a very tasty dish which is very easy to make. This is one of the easy Mediterranean diet recipes. So, see the recipe below…
- 2 Cups of Potatoes (Peeled and Diced)
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray an 11 x 13 dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Now take potatoes and spread into an even layer in the pan.
- Juice one lemon and pour over the potatoes.
- Then cut the lemon peel into small chunks and also add to the pan.
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper, oregano, and garlic to the pan and stir gently with a large spoon.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes, turning twice with a metal spatula.
- Take care to get under the potatoes when turning to keep potatoes intact.
- Potatoes are ready when the outsides are crispy and insides are fork tender.
- Taste a bite and correct salt and pepper.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.