The south beach diet in the healthy weight loss diet, which was developed by the preventive cardiologist Dr. Arthur Agusten. In this diet, you will eat three satisfactory meals a day, at least two snacks and even a delicious dessert. And, unlike many other diets, in the South Beach diet, you do not need to eat, measure, or count the ounce, food or village of carbohydrate, or any other way. So in this article, we are giving you some south beach diet Indian recipes. Check out below to know more…
There are three phases of the south beach diet. These are:
Phase 1: The plan starts with 2 weeks of avoiding bread, rice, potatoes, pasta, baked goods, sweets, alcohol, and fruit. Dieters are encouraged to eat normal-size portions of meat, poultry, fish, and seafood, accompanied by vegetables, eggs, cheese, and nuts. Dieters are told to expect to lose between 8 and 13 lb during phase 1.
Phase 2: Carbohydrates are gradually reintroduced in limited amounts. The plan encourages the selection of low glycemic-index food choices. Dieters remain in phase 2 until they reach their weight goal.
Phase 3: Carbohydrate intake is liberalized to a level that allows dieters to maintain their ideal weight. Normal-sized portions of all foods are encouraged, and dieters are urged to continue to adhere to the basic rules of the South Beach diet.
South Beach Diet Indian Recipe:
South beach diet is a diet includes many recipes. Here are some south beach diet Indian recipes…
This is one of the best south beach diet Indian recipe. Poriyal is a south Indian preparation. Here is the recipe…
- 200gm french beans
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon black gram
- 2 dried red chilies
- 2 tablespoon grated coconut
- 1 curry leaf
- Rinse and cut the french beans.
- Now heat the oil and add mustard seed and black gram
- Fry in low flame until black gram turns marron red
- Add dried red chilies, curry leaves, turmeric, and hing.
- Now add beans and saute for a minute.
- Add some water and cook until beans get tender.
2. Yellow Daal:
You can have Yellow daal as south beach diet Indian recipe. Check below for the recipe…
- 1 cup masoor daal.
- 1/2 cup channa daal.
- 1/2 cup toor daal.
- 1 medium onion.
- 11 cups water.
- 2 tablespoons ginger paste.
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste.
- 1 tablespoon whole cumin seeds.
- 1/4 teaspoon hing.
- 2 green chili.
- 1 tablespoon oil.
- Rinse the three types of dal separately.
- Soak each daal for 1.5 hours.
- Drain water.
- Mix three types of soaked daal together.
- Heat oil and add cumin seeds.
- Add hing.
- Stir well
- Add ginger and garlic.
- Stir until the raw smell gone.
- Add dals and set them to boil until dals get tender.
Check Related Article :-
3. Cabbage Curry:
This is one of the delicious south beach diet Indian recipes. Here is the recipe.
- 1/2 kg cabbage.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 green chilies
- 1 medium size onion
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tomatoes finely sliced/chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
Wash and cut cabbage.
Add green chilies, sliced onions.
Cook until the onions turn soft.
Add salt, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder.
Mix well and cook the masala for few minutes on low flame.
Cook until oil leaves the masala.
Add the shredded cabbage.
Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
Add chopped tomatoes, mix and cook the curry for about 5 minutes on low flame.
Add very little water, mix well.
Cover and cook for few minutes.
4. Chicken Curry:
- 400 chicken, skinned and cut into 12 pieces
- 25 ml vegetable oil
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 2 green cardamom pods
- 2 medium red onions, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic paste
- 1½ coriander powder
- 1½ cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon red chile powder
- tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
Trim the excess fat from the chicken and put the pieces in a large bowl.
- Heat oil.
- Add the cloves, cinnamon, and cardamom, and sauté for 1 minute.
- When the color and are fragrant of spices change, add the onions and saute for 3 to 4 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
- Add the ginger paste and garlic paste, and saute for 2 to 3 minutes
- Stir continuously.
- Add the turmeric, cumin, coriander, chili powder.
- Stir well.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Cook for until the oil comes out.
- Add the chicken and salt, and stir.
- Increase the heat to high and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add water and bring to a boil.