When we think of South Indian foods we always think about Idli, Dosa, Vada, Utthapam, and Sambar. But this is not all. There are many delicious South Indian dishes that are known by fewer people. These dishes are not only delicious but also very much healthy. So, here I am giving some South Indian dinner recipes vegetarian here that you gonna love a lot. So, see the recipes below…
Curd Rice is one of the great South Indian dinner recipes vegetarian. Curd Rice is a different type of dish, which is liked by everyone. This is the children’s favorite dish. If your children are tantrums in the food, then you will make them wonderful nutritious curd rice and they will repeat it and eat them with hobbies. It is very easy to make curd rice. All the ingredients to make it are available at home only. Today, we have brought you an easy method, with the help of which you can make everybody happy by making curd rice.
- 1 Cup of rice
- 1 Cup curd
- 1 Big spoon gram dal
- 1 Big spoon urad dal
- 1 Teaspoon rye
- 1 Finely chopped green chili
- 1 Big spoon ginger greased
- 2 Dried red chilies
- Salt to taste
- Oil According to the requirement
- To make curd rice, first, clean the rice and keep it soaked in water for half an hour.
- We need soft rice for curd rice. For this, put the soaked rice in a cooker and simultaneously add the required water. Close the lid of the cooker and put it on the gas.
- After doing so, wait for a whistle to come. When a whistle comes, turn off the gas. Wait a while for pressure. When the pressure goes out, open the lid and see that rice is well cooked.
- Remove the cooked rice in a vessel and take it out. After doing so take one embroidery and add oil to it and heat it. In this oil pour mustard seeds, cumin, and urad dal. Dish this mixture well so that the color of the pulse changes.
- When the lentils roast well, then add green chilies, hard leaves, and asafetida, your rice is completely ready.
- Now, if the rice is cold, take a rice bowl, add curd, green coriander and salt and mix well. After doing so, add the chopped paste made in it and mix it well.
- Your delicious and delicious cord rice is ready.
Rasam is one of the best South Indian dinner recipes vegetarian. Rasam can be eaten like a plain soup or with steam rice, it also eats as a side vegetable. The people of the south prefer to eat it with idli or Plain Vada. Eating rasam is also beneficial for health, it removes the problems of cold, cough, and fever. Many types of rasam are made in the south, like tamarind rasam, tomato rasam, dal rasam, drumstick rum, pineapple rasam, and garlic rasam. Today I will tell you about the evergreen recipes, which is the lentils rasam, as well as the recipes of the most popular tomato rasam will share with you. The rasam should be cooked carefully, if it gets cooked then the flavors of spices mixed in it will be gone.
- 5 Tomatoes
- 8 Black pepper
- 8 Curry leaves
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Red Chili
- 2 Cups of Water
- 1 Pinch Asafoetida or Hing
- 1 Piece Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seed
- 1 Teaspoon Ry
- 1 Teaspoon Finely Chopped Coriander
- 2 Teaspoon Butter
- Salt as per taste
- To make the rasam, take the tomatoes first and wash it thoroughly and clean it. Now with the help of a knife, cut the pieces of tomatoes and cut it.
- Heat the butter in a bowl. Add cumin seeds, black pepper, clove, cinnamon, and red chili and mix well and roast them. Sprinkle spices well for 2 minutes.
- In the mixture, add chopped tomatoes, green coriander, and ginger and cook it on a low flame. After some time your tomatoes will become soft then turn off the gas. When the mixture cools down, mix it in a mixie.
- Now put the butter in the embroider again and heat it. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, asafoetida, and curry leaves. Once roasted, add tomato paste, salt, and water and leave it on the gas for a while.
- After some time the mixture will start boiling. Turn off the gas, prepare your delicious and delicious rasam, take it out in the bowl and do all the hot surveys.
Recommended Articles :-
- Tasty And Quick Dinner Recipes Indian Vegetarian
- Yummy Indian Quick Lunch Recipes Vegetarian
- Top Tasty & Healthy Indian Snacks For Weight Loss Quickly
- Healthy And Easy Veg Recipes For Dinner Indian
- Quick And Easy Homemade Fat Burning Drinks
- Healthy Evening Snacks Indian To Lose Weight
South Indian recipes are made from very different varieties, which taste a lot. If you are fond of South Indian cuisine then you will like this vegetable of French beans. Coconut is worn out in this bean’s vegetable. Poriyal is one of the best South Indian dinner recipes vegetarian. This is a simple recipe that you can eat comfortably with bread or paratha. French beans are also considered to be good according to health because it contains fiber. Let’s see how to make a South Indian bean curry.
- 250 Gram French Beans
- 1 Finely chopped Onion
- 2 Green Chili
- 1 Cup of Freshly grated coconut
- 1 Tablespoon Urad Dal
- 1 spoon Mustard seeds
- 1 spoon Cumin seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 Dried red chili
- 8 Curry leaf
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- Salt as per taste
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Cup Water
- Wash beans thoroughly. Then cut it into small pieces.
- Then boil the chopped beans on a low flame for 5 minutes.
- Then immerse the water and keep the edge.
- Heat oil in the pan, add mustard seeds, asafoetida, cumin seeds and dry red chilies and fry them in low flame.
- Now add urad dal, curry leaves, and finely chopped onions and stir.
- After 5 minutes, add green chilies, turmeric powder, salt, and french beans and cook for 2 minutes.
- After that, put the coconut in it and stir it for 4 minutes on medium flame.
- After that turn off the heat and serve hot.
Avial is a delicious South Indian side dish. Avial is a perfect and delicious combination of vegetable and coconut. If you are bored by eating the same regular mix Vegetable Dishes and want some good and healthy food then you should definitely try this dish. If you have children at home and do not like vegetables at all, then if you make this dish for them then they will like this traditional dish. Avial is one of the best South Indian dinner recipes vegetarian.
- 1 cup drumstick,
- 1 cup chopped into pieces, cut into pieces
- 1 cup carrot
- 1 cup beans
- 1 cup Ivy guard, cut into pieces
- 1 cup pumpkin, cut into pieces
- 1 raw banana, cut into pieces
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- Aalt according to the requirement
- 1/2 Cup curd
- 2 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seed
- 10-15 Curry leaves
- To Make Coconut Paste:
- 3/4 cup Coconut, grated
- 1 Teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 Green Chilies,
- Water to make Coconut Paste
To make a paste:
Firstly add the coconut to the grinder, add curry leaves, some green chilies, and cumin seeds Then, make a paste.
To Make Avial:
- First, cut Yam, drumstick, beans, carrot, cilantro and ivy guard in one and a half inch length pieces. Just keep in mind that all vegetables are cut in equal size.
- Now peel the raw banana and cut it in the luggage size.
- Now take a pan and pour all the vegetables in it. Then cover the pan for some time and cook the vegetables until it becomes soft.
- Then add curry leaves, turmeric, 4 green chilies cut into salt and length according to need.
- Now put coconut paste in it and then cook it on a low flame for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot at the end.
Potato Podimas is a south Indian recipe which is very much popular dish. This recipe is very much delicious and easy to cook. The special spices used to make this dish helps to enhance the taste and also add flavors to the food thus making it really tasty. So, let’s see the recipe to make this food. See this below…
- 500 gram Potato
- 2 Chopped Green Chilies
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Paste
- 1/2 Small spoon Urad Dal
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 2 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- A handful of Curry leaves
- 5 Medium Onions
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1/2 Teaspoons Mustard seeds
- 1/2 Small Spoon Asafoetida powder or Hing
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sambhar Powder
- 3 Pinch salt
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Boil potatoes, peel and chop them.
- Now cut the onion finely and keep it aside.
- After this, heat the oil in a pan on medium flame. Then fry the mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves and asafoetida for 20 seconds.
- Then add ginger-garlic paste, green chili and fry for about one minute. After that, roast till the onion turns golden.
- Now add potatoes, turmeric, salt, sambhar masala, and red chilly powder.
- Cook all the ingredients together for 2 to 4 minutes and then turn them into a serving dish.
- Serve with rice, Roti or dosa.
So, these are the most delicious South Indian dinner recipes vegetarian, try these food items at home and get a different taste of South India.